Sunday 20 May 2012

Suit on Model



















I am really happy with the fit of the jacket and trousers and its overall look, it definitely looks Scottish. You can see the historical cut, fitting and sewing as well the overall look within the two piece suit. It will fit better when the jacket buttons are sewn on as at the moment it is just pined together at the CF line.

I am happy with the trouser length and the way they sit on the shoe at the back and front. As well as the matching of the tartan as you can see the pattern flow around the body.
I am pleased with the way the lapel and collar sits on the jacket and  was surprised to see how much of a difference the canvas and padding adds to the smooth shaping over the shoulder and chest area of the jacket, which has worked well. I also think the buttons add to the historical aspect of the costume. 

The side slits are still a little bulky, even though I cut down the inside SA and laid it flat. In future, I will include the side silts on the jacket pattern reducing the bulk in seams.   

I still think however that the pocket flap needs to be a little larger in length to be in proportion with the rest of the jacket and the sleeves need to be a little longer. This would have been noticed earlier in a fitting if I had, had one. 

It will be good to take out all the basting thread and see what it really looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment