Sunday 6 May 2012

Trouser Concealed Fly

I had already made a sample of the fly a couple of weeks ago, so making this fly was easier having already learned how its constructed. Making the concealed fly on my trouser would be more of a challenge than the sample as I will have to match the tartan.


 
I am happy with the end result, the tartan lines match running into each other, the button hole came out perfectly and and the fly width is better than my sample historically. The back right legs plaque that holds the button also came over much better, which I have improved on and was a concern with my sample. I however think that the fly line sewn on the left leg  on top of the fabric was better on my sample with a clearer sharper and straighter line. This is something that I can improve on in the future as my concern was on the fold of the right plaque, not really concentrating enough on the outside sewing line.

No comments:

Post a Comment