Saturday 19 May 2012

Tailor Stitches

To get a better understanding on the stitches used in tailoring and so I can improve them in the future I have done some research in to the stitches.From reading the three different felling stitches, I determined that I was sewing the third way. To get more of an angle I will need to change the position of the needle, though I will try the other two ways in the future to see if this makes any difference.


The cross stitch instructions is useful and I will try to achieve an more even stitch in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, glad you like the post, the scans are from 'The Victorian Tailor, Techniques and Patterns'.

    Maclochlainn, J (2011) The Victorian Tailor, techniques and patterns. London: Batsford.
    Marly, D (1985) Fashion of Men An Illustrated History. London: Batsford LTD.

    ReplyDelete