Friday 23 March 2012

Drafted Jacket

Drafting the pattern using the book was more challenging than I expected. Old terms and measurements made it hard to grasp to begin with for example the full length  is the jacket length and waist length is the nape to waist back. Working at this I was then able to draft the pattern. I found the easiest way to re-write the pattern in instructions that I understood in metric measurements. This was useful as I am now able to look back through what I did without having to decode the book again. Another issue I had was that the instructions in the book did not include the instructions for the placement of the lapel, pocket, slit or dart. Using my existing knowledge, Grahams basic block, the image of the Tweed kilt Jacket block and 'rock of eye' I was able to draft these on. This took some time though I have learn a great deal from drafting this pattern, than the basic block and I be able to use this knowledge in the future.  

Having drafted the jacket I will next draft the sleeve I will use a combination of the block to achieve the desired look.    

No comments:

Post a Comment